What we do:
- We provide information services for members on European and national policy and regulatory developments of interest.
- We provide a platform for members to network and find common policy approaches to advancing the digital economy. We represent members views, concerns and queries with relevant national and international policy makers and influencers.
How Ibec develops digital economic policy
Digital economic policy in Ibec is formulated through the Digital Economy Policy Committee. The cross sectoral committee meets on a quarterly basis and is chaired by Barry O'Brien, Government and Regulatory Affairs, IBM.
The committee's mission is to lead, shape and promote policy and conditions for a globally competitive digital economy that delivers jobs, growth and prosperity in Ireland.
The scope of the committee's work includes:
- building awareness of the opportunities presented by digital;
- promoting better regulation and policy coherence to embrace digital opportunities securely; and
- building capacities for a globally competitive digital economy in Ireland, including: digital skills, entrepreneurship, innovation and investment in digital technology and infrastructure etc.